Rev. Jesse Jackson, Denise C. Miles of Wells Fargo, with Artistic Director Graham Lustig and OBC Dancers.
Oakland Ballet has long embraced diversity in our leadership, choreographic voices, artists, and programming. We recognize there is still much work to do. A diverse, equitable, accessible, and inclusive, workplace is one where all employees and volunteers feel valued and respected. It is crucial to our success as an organization that we maintain an environment where all voices are heard, valued, and celebrated.
What we are doing
- Assessing our systems and practices for any inequities
- Maintaining a Diversity Committee to advise OBC’s practices
- Continuing to create and support diverse programs
- Providing resources and trainings on DEAI practices to all members of the organization
- Holding ongoing conversations with employees and volunteers about what DEAI means to them
- Recruiting diverse dancers, staff, and board
- Establishing metrics to monitor progress
Oakland Ballet Diversity Committee