Join our community of dedicated and generous volunteers who are deeply invested in supporting the future of ballet in Oakland and the greater East Bay. We have many different ways in which you can get involved, share your talents, your enthusiasm, your expertise, and your financial support with the Oakland Ballet.
When you join the Ambassadors – OBC’s resource and volunteer organization – you are joining a passionate group of dance lovers who support OBC’s mission by helping to coordinate and staff special events, assisting backstage or as ushers at performances, and helping out in the administrative offices.
All Ambassadors must give a minimum of 15 hours service per fiscal year and attend 1 Ambassador’s meeting to retain active status.
– Ambassadors bi-monthly newsletter
– Listing in performance programs
– Invitation to an Ambassador’s reception
– Invitation to attend one company class
Members with 25+ approved hours
– The above benefits
– 15% Discount on most purchases in the Boutique (not to be combined with any other discounts)
– Invitation to one open dress rehearsal during the repertory season
Members with 50+ approved hours
– All of the above
– Voucher good for two tickets to a season performance (subject to availability)
How to become a member
The first step is to complete the online application. After you complete the application, you will be contacted about attending a meeting for prospective members. These sessions are scheduled irregularly throughout the year depending on need, but most are held in the fall and early winter. This session gives you a chance to learn more about Ambassadors, gives us a chance to meet you, and helps us both confirm that the Ambassadors volunteer group is right for you.
To be accepted to the Ambassadors Group, all prospective volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Complete an Ambassadors application form
- Attend a prospective member session
- Have acceptable reference checks and an acceptable check of the Megan’s Law database
The OBC Gala Committee is responsible for organizing OBC’s largest and most glamorous fundraising event of the year. Funds raised at this event support Oakland Ballet performances as well as our Discover Dance educational program. Duties include planning the logistical elements of the event, selling tickets, securing auction items, and more.
If you are interested in joining our Gala Committee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oakland Ballet Company has ongoing administrative internship opportunities for those who are interested in gaining experience in arts administration and non-profit management. Please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.