This is a full time position that reports to the Artistic Director and the Board of Directors, in support of OBC’s mission. The Operations Manager (OM) will have responsibility for the company’s financial, marketing, and fundraising goals. The successful candidate will demonstrate skills and experience in finance, marketing, and relationship management as well as possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position requires a high level of organization and time management skills. This is a full-time position with flexible working hours except during program delivery.
- Daily administrative oversight of finance, fundraising, communications, marketing, and systems.
- Maintain all aspects of fundraising including grant applications, budgets, reports, and timelines.
- Manage social media, eblasts, website updates, and other online content to strengthen the brand.
- Develop and implement data driven marketing campaigns to support programs.
- Support the Artistic Director and Board of Directors in the fulfillment of the organization’s mission.
- Manage timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic goals.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain OBC’s volunteers and liaise with administrative consultants.
- Track operational progress and evaluate program components to measure success.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent of at least 5 years of management experience; track record of effectively supporting an outcomes-based organization.
- Experience developing operational strategies that have created organizational growth.
- Proficient in budget management and QuickBooks.
- Experience managing Workers’ Compensation, contracts, and payroll.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to achieve strategic objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the mission of OBC.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Work is performed in an office and performing arts facilities environments.
- Work is primarily performed sitting and standing.
- Must be able to lift and carry 15 lbs.
Inquiries: email@example.com, no phone calls please
To apply: email resume, cover letter aligning your qualifications and experience to the job description, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Place Operations Manager in the subject line.
The Oakland Ballet Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion throughout the organization.
Oakland Ballet Company
Founded in 1965, Oakland Ballet Company is a non-profit, performing arts organization that reflects the diversity of Oakland and the greater East Bay. The mission of the Oakland Ballet Company is to provide accessible, relevant, and exciting dance that inspires and educates all ages of our diverse community. Oakland Ballet Company is an Isadora Duncan award-winning dance organization comprised of a diverse professional performing company, a comprehensive arts education program which enables more than 15,000 students and youth to experience and appreciate the art of dance each year, plus an academy dedicated to training the next generation of dancers.