Director of Operations
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Director of Operations (DO) will have operational responsibility for Oakland Ballet Company’s fundraising, marketing, financial oversight and support the execution of its mission. She or he will develop deep knowledge of field, OBC’s core programs, non-profit business operations, financial reporting and business plans. This is a full-time position with flexible working hours except during program delivery.
Leadership & Management:
- Execute to a consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, marketing and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Actively engage and energize Oakland Ballet Company’s volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Support the Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for ongoing local and regional operations.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain Oakland Ballet Company’s volunteers and administrative consultants.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling operational progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
- Begin to build new partnerships, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders.
- Be an external local and Regional presence that publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of the local program as a model for regional replication.
The DO will be thoroughly committed to Oakland Ballet Company’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, fundraising, financial acumen, marketing and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent of at least 5 years of management experience; track record of effectively leading and supporting a performance- and outcomes-based organization; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget (proficient using QuickBooks)
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls pleaseTo apply: email your resume and a cover letter aligning your qualifications and experience to the job description, including references to email@example.com
Oakland Ballet Company
Founded in 1965, Oakland Ballet Company is a non-profit, performing arts organization that reflects the rich diversity of Oakland and the greater East Bay. The mission of the Oakland Ballet Company is to provide accessible, relevant, and exciting dance for our diverse community.
Oakland Ballet Company is an Isadora Duncan Award-winning dance company encompassing a diverse professional performing company, an acclaimed arts education program which enables more than 15,000 students and youth to experience and appreciate the art of dance each year, plus an academy dedicated to training the next generation of dancers.
For more information about the organization, please visit oaklandballet.org